This site is sponsored by Erminia Scarcella, MD, Designated Physician of the Embassy of Italy in Washington, DC. On this site, you will find information and links to italian speaking physicians in a variety of medical fields. You also have access to an extensive list of hospitals in the USA .
If you have any comments or suggestions about the site or you are a physician and would like to contact Dr. Scarcella about the site, please click here.
Dr. Scarcella has carefully selected the physicians found on this site. However, the choice of physician is strictly the responsibility of the patient. Medical decisions must be made between the patient and the selected physician.
Dr. Scarcella is a psychiatrist and psychoanalyst in private practice in Washington, DC.
Dr. Scarcella received her degree from the university of Rome, where she specialized in Neurology and Psychiatry, and subsequently received her training in Psychiatry at the George Washington University and St. Elizabeth's Hospital, Washington, DC.
She is a Assistant Clinical Professor at The George Washington University School of Medicine, and teaches at The George Washington University Hospital. Dr. Scarcella is also the President of the Jung Society of Washington DC, Chair of International Medical Graduates of the Washington Psychiatric Society (District Branch of the APA), and a Board member for the Consortium for Psychoanalytic Research, Trustee of the Amercian Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry.
Dr. Scarcella also served in the Reseve as Major in the Army Medical Corps.
Dr. Scarcella worked at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Washington, DC, and at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. She is presently in full time private practice.
* American Psychiatric Association (APA)
* Washington Psychiatric Association (WPS)
* American Medical Association (AMA)
* Medical Society of the District of Columbia (MSDC)
* National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis (NAAP)
* The American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry (AAPDP)
* International Society for the Psychological Treatment of Schizophrenia (ISPS)
* The American Society of Psychoanalytic Physicians (ASPP)